Return to School at Oakwood School Announcement
Monday, 3 August 2020
Dear parents, carers and students
As you would be aware, the Victorian Government announced that, on the advice of the Victorian Chief Health Officer, metropolitan Melbourne will move to Stage 4 restrictions to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
As outlined in the Chief Health Officer’s advice on Friday, schools remain safe places for staff and students however, to reduce the movement of students and families across the state from Wednesday 5 August all students will move to remote and flexible learning. These arrangements are likely to apply until the end of Term 3.
On-site provision will only be available to children whose parents are permitted workers, and vulnerable children.
The criteria for students that can attend on-site has changed as follows:
- children whose parents are permitted workers. The Victorian Government will provide further advice about this over the coming days
- vulnerable children in out of home care, children known to child protection and other agencies and children the school identifies as vulnerable
- children with a disability who also fit one of the above two categories.
- Monday 3 August will be a ‘normal’ day of school under current arrangements, with students attending on site learning asked to take all their necessary learning materials home.
- Tuesday 4 August will be a student-free day across Victoria to enable teachers, especially in rural and regional Victoria, to prepare for flexible and remote learning.
- Wednesday 5 August will be the first day of new arrangements for schools across Victoria
Class teachers and campus principals will be in contact to make the arrangements for remote and flexible learning.
Thank you for your understanding and support.